A lot of people are growing concerned with Ebola and it reaching our borders. Arming yourselves with knowledge is the best thing to do. Being a Veterinary technician I encounter people who are concerned about their pets also being carriers or transmitting it, so I found this handout to help educate. Follow the link below to read the handout that the CDC put out.
A handout for pet owners: Understanding Ebola.
How you can’t get Ebola
- Ebola is not airborne
- Can’t contract it through water
- Can’t contract it through food
How you CAN Get Ebola via
- Touching the blood or body fluids of one sick or has died from the disease
- Touching contaminated objects such as needles
- touching infected animals, their blood and body fluids, eating their meat
–Knowledge is Power
2 thoughts on “A handout for pet owners: Understanding Ebola”
Thanks for posting this
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome, spreading knowledge and not fear is the only way to live